On One Reason To Move To Washington Heights: The Smokin’ Hot Statuary on Audubon Terrace
In which The Gay Recluse unveils the hidden assets of Washington Heights.
For those of you who have grown fatigued by the unceasing onslaught of “hot” photographs, videos and movie clips featuring live male actors and models, why not take a trip to Audubon Terrace in Washington Heights? Here you can reconnect with 5000 years of civilization, a period of history (or so it has been widely reported) during which 1) the internet didn’t exist and 2) neither did cell-phone cameras (!). Commissioned in the early 1900s by Archer Milton Huntington (founder of the equally beautiful Hispanic Society, which owns the statues and the terrace on which they are located) and sculpted by his wife Anna Hyatt Huntington (wtf?), these statues offer a staggeringly wide array of choices for the modern palette. Whatever was going on with Arthur and Anna (we have our theories), we owe them a debt of gratitude for providing future generations with such an exceedingly fine collection of smokin’ hot statuary (if not quite the Barberini Faun). We present just a few here:
Another view of the hilt.
A hot dad.
Nice six for an older guy.
Hot twink in a tunic.
Hot group sex.
The Hot Gay Statue round-up:
- Rules and Guidelines
- Dan Savage Endorsement
- Washington Heights (New York City)
- Washington, DC
- The London Eye Clarifies an Important Issue
- Florence (Italy)
- The Park Avenue Amory (Upper East Side/NYC)
- Murray Hill (New York City)
- Madrid (Spain)
- Los Angeles
- The London Eye: “In Your Face”
- The J-Man Inspires
- George Washington
- Georgia (Republic of)
- New Orleans
- Columbus Circle (New York City)
- Two Davids (Florence)
- Franco Harris Statue (Pittsburgh)
- London Firefighters and Other Heroes
- Columbus Circle Mall (New York City)
- Grand Central Station (New York City)
- Albany, New York
- Albany, New York (Hot Gay Statute)
- The Metropolitan Museum (New York City)
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles)
- More Getty Villa (Los Angeles)
- Union Station Centurions (Washington, DC)
- Hot Lesbian Couple (Washington Heights)
Filed under: Architecture, Dissonance, Gay, New York City, The Gay Recluse, Washington Heights | 7 Comments
Tags: Anna Hyatt Huntington, Arthur Milton Huntington, Audubon Terrace, Barberini Faun, Bears, Cellphones, Diaper Fetish, Group Sex, Hispanic Sociey, Homoerotic, Hot Dads, Internet, Male Models, Six-Pack Abs, Statuary, Statues, Swords, Twinks